Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tired...

Lately I have been moving around quite a bit, staying alternately@ Indo & SG for like 2-4 days each & then moving on. My routines @ indo is quite different from sg, & I definitely sleep much later there. That makes me feel really tired by mid-day, but I can't do anything abt it.

I suspect my insomnia is acting up again, & it's probably because I'm moving ard too much that I have problem adjusting to the new place fast enuf. Instead of jetlag, i have ferrylag, if there is even such a thing. haha. I've always wanted to be a travelling exec so that I can visit places ard the world, from New York to Milan, from Barcelona to Shang Hai, from Tai Pei to SG, & finally making a stop at the beloved Melb & Sydney. Instead of getting jetlagged from going ard these places, i'm getting boatlagged from a 1 hr ferry between Batam & SG! Man this is such a disgrace!

Though the time difference between sg & indo is only 1 hr, it's enuf to cause some serious disruption to my body clock, & hence my sleepless nites. This is not gonna stop anytime soon though, coz I'll have to head back to Btm again tmr, 1 day after stepping my foot on SG. The next day I'll head back to my hometown (SLP) and will probably be in SG again next weekend, after which I'll head to Penang for Gordie's wedding! Can't wait!

There was a 1st year anniversary celebration @ my uncles' not-so-new-anymore hotel last night. It wasn't a huge event, more like a party for the employees than anything. There were a number of guests, & I estimate the final figure to be ard 200-250 pplz. Anws, it was quite fun to be there coz a lot of the employees were putting up quite a show by cross-dressing and showcasing their comedic talents. A few ppl really impressed me & I was surprised I could actually laugh at their indo jokes, coz I usually don't. There was also a really gd freestyler who had amazing footwork & it's really a big waste for him to be working as a valet in the hotel. Elsewhere in the world, he'd have a chance on making it big with his dance moves, but being where he is atm, i'm sure his main worry is more abt his survival.

This is what Indo's like, lots of people with potential but no one to help them achieve the highest honours they are capable of. It's such a waste sometimes to see some of the talents dissappear slowly, leaving them only with the 1 thing that they'll worry abt for the rest of their lives: survival. Everytime there is an adjustment in the prices for fuel and staple food, you can see a new wrinkle line forming on their forehead. There is simply no time to polish their 'bakat'. Indo is like a HUGE piece of infertile land with lots of seeds sprinkled on it. Nothing will ever grow out of the land if money keeps on going to the farmers' pockets without more money being put to fertilise the land.

I enjoyed myself that night watching the performances of these talented employees. Among them, I feel like i'm a person with limited talents, but yet seems to have much more luck for being born in a well-to-do family and hence able to pursue my dreams overseas. One of the my uncle's friends jokingly said that my bro (GM) and my uncles (directors) were definitely the people with the least talents in the hotel, & I agree with that assessment totally! We are just machines, programmed to come out with money-making ideas every single day. We've never really cared to fulfill ourselves internally, and this is what I'm going to change from now, if not for my family then at least for myself. I don't want to live in the money trap, because there is so much more outside that's a million times better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home