Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Friday, August 04, 2006

Recent Indo + SG update

I was at my hometown 3 days ago to give some financial advice to a family friend. I had to highlight the key points of the policies to them but I didn’t have any, so I went out to look for it. I started going around asking whether they sell highlighters, & all of them just went blank! Apparently NOT even one of the stationery shops carry this so commonly used item overseas, & I started thinking whether this place is really so outdated. After a while, I figured that they might not know what a highlighter is, coz it’s English. So I went about describing what it does. It goes like ‘err, you know, the one that makes words look shiny shiny, & it comes in various colours?’

After about ½ dozen shops, I finally gave up & started looking for the item myself. Finally found some on display in some of the shops, after trying fruitlessly to describe it to the store assistant first, then the boss. He was like ‘oh, you were looking for a stabilo?’

Can’t believe how poor my indo has gotten… hai… I mean, I don’t even remember what a highlighter is in Indo! *sigh* It’s not limited to this of course. Many times I can’t carry on conversations because I don’t know how to say the next line in indo. It’d always be in English & I have to translate it back from there. Now I regret not learning it properly & not using it more when I was at indo or sg, when I still had many indo friends. Oh well, there’s nothing I can do about it now, except to do a lil’ more practice.

Brought Sherise to my baddie place on thurs nite. I think she had quite a good workout there coz the standard there is pretty high. She’s still pretty good herself given that she hasn’t hit a shuttle for ½ year! Tried to play mixed doubles with her again, but it was pretty hard coz I wasn’t fit enough to cover for her, & she definitely lacked practice. We decided to enter some easy competitions here to *ka-ching* earn some keeps! On top of that, I’ll be partnering my senior for doubles competitions too! Certainly miss the competition times in melb, when all of us would get supercharged up, & I hope this can replace ‘em.

Saw an advertisement for Cadbury choc on TV late one night. At the end one of the girls said, ‘she’s the best, but this choc is even better! Hahahahaha…..’ I’m not sure whether peeps overseas would understand this, coz I think this is so, so SG! It’s something some secondary schoolers would say, & I’ve heard that plenty, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t make much sense to those that hasn’t lived in sg before, or would it? Anyway, this is just some random stuff that doesn’t make much sense. Just had the urge to put it here =)

More updates to come soon after I finish dealing with my customers =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home