Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Friday, June 23, 2006

monotonous..

If you’ve been checking for updates on this blog & haven’t found any, the reason is because there is nothing new happening here. I could post up what I’m up to over here, but that’s just gonna bore the c*ap out of everyone. I decided to spare my ‘faithful’ readers the details of misery I’m suffering to keep this place a bit more interesting =)

I’ve had complaints that this blog is not updated regularly enough though, so here’s a bit of update to what I’m doing currently:

Some of you may have known that I’ve been trying to set up a ‘perpetuity’ (for non-finance pplz, it means guaranteed regular payout for the rest of someone’s life), & so far I’ve managed to work out a part of it. Currently working on the 2nd installment, & this is worth much more than the 1st one. Meanwhile, I’m also taking exams to qualify as a financial consultant (read: insurance agent).

To tell the truth, I don’t really care about the financial aspect of the job, because I’m getting more than enough income from my own business dealings. I’m only doing it because AIA is offering to help me apply for my PR status in Singapore, which would take only a few weeks to approve compared to getting one myself under the landed PR scheme.

I’ve just passed my 1st paper today, & will be taking another exam next week before I can qualify as a consultant. That’s not all though, coz there’s at least another 3 shorter exams to take before I’m qualified to sell all the AIA’s product range. Not too concerned with all that at all coz I’m only doing it to gain the PR status anyway.

Life’s been so boring here in SG recently, now that my cousins are back in Indo for holiday. Oh well I guess I’d better get adjusted to it since they won’t be staying here forever anyway. I only realized that the human interaction, or rather the lack of it, is sorely missing in my current life after I chatted briefly with Cindy on MSN. It’s been a while since I can talk freely to a friend & not having to put up a façade or screen my words before I say ‘em out, & I miss sorely the open truthfulness of my close friends in melb. It is an important mechanism that brings me back to reality once I stray too far into the dreamland, & an equally significant support group that I know will always be there for me when I’m down & depressed.

There’s none of that here, & even though my family does provide certain level of emotional support as well, it’s not the same as having bosom friends who can understand and assess the situation more objectively. *sigh* How I wish I could be back in Melb at this instant moment….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home