Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's almost OFFICIAL...

... I won't be going back to Melb this year. I've decided to stay in sg to work for 1/2 year before going back to resume my Masters studies next year. (Unless I get an unexpected windfall in the next 2 mths, eg. Singapore Big Sweep's 2 million bucks 1st prize, in which case I don't really need to worry abt my work exp already, do I? =)

I'm really sorry that I can't keep my promise to come back in the 2nd sem. It makes me feel really guilty, like a betrayal of some sort to my trusted friends, especially to those who has asked, screamed, cried, nagged, etc etc over my decision. I have to say I'm really touched and makes me feel even worse when I think it over, because I know there are faithful friends over there waiting for my return, & yet it seems like I'm disregarding all of that. I want to clarify here that is definitely NOT the case! I hope for your understanding by providing these few important reasons (in no particular order) that led to my decision, because a lot of you have asked about this before (& I thought it'd be easier to put this here rather than saying or typing it a hundred times over when someone asks =):

1) My bro & family convinced me that work experience is more important compared to a Masters degree atm. Obviously I'd like to have both at the same time, but since I'm not very likely to get a work permit anytime soon in Oz, my only option is to work in sg first...

2) Business venture. My own business is just starting to take off atm and I feel I have to stay & watch it grow for a while first because I've worked so hard to put in on track.

3) Financial. I really don't want my dad to foot my Uni fees again this time so I have to work hard to get my 'perpetuity' going first before I can go.

4) Family. Many things are happening at this time, to both my immediate & close extended families, & I've to be here to be with them.

There are some people I have to apologise to for not being able to make it back to Melb this year:

1) Derr & Joon, my 'gay' housemates. I've promised you guys to be back for the July intake, & I was really looking forward to this. So sorry I couldn't make it back there this year.

2) Jel, my 'other' housemate. We' ve been hanging out for only 1 month (I think..) but it's been wonderful spending those time with u & the guys. *Blames Derr for not making us click earlier* Anyway, I hope u guys are having fun there, even though it's reduced exponentially when I'm not there *grin* Haha. All right enough crapping for now. Visit me when you're back home in sg & we can hang out again k?

3) Andrew a.k.a. Boi2 & Zel, my baddie 'kakis'. All the promises of entering competition when I'm back in July... Really sorry coz I can't make it back this time. I miss playing baddie with u guys @ uni, coz over here it's either I'm too strong or too weak for the ppl I play against, hence the fun factor is much reduced. I've already slowed down substantially from the competitive lvl in melb, but I promise to keep fit and be ready for competition next year when I return! & We'll whoop whoever's arses that come along!!!!

4) Am & Kel, my faithful summer buddies. Sorry for not being able to accompany u guys, especially Am, to watch the World Cup. Man I'm gonna be watching it all alone in the wretched sg (though my cousins might keep me company when they come back from US =) At least you guys will be watching it 2gether haha. I'll also be missing Flare's dance production this year, so i'm expecting a VCD to be forwarded to my sg address! Kel, our business venture will have to be postponed till next year, but in a way it's good because I haven't come up with anything yet atm! Gives me more time to think abt it & comes back firing on all cylinders =)!

5) XxX, my confidant. Really, really sorry I couldn't keep my promise but do keep in touch yeah? Thanks for the message btw! I'll call you soon as soon as I'm back there!

6) All the other people whom I've missed out. You guys r the ones that make me wanna return to melb ASAP & I promise (not an empty one this time) I'll go back at the earliest time possible..

1 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger leonhart said…

    Go to JobsDB.com. That's where I find advertised jobs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home