Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Saturday, February 10, 2007

feb update

Dear blog,

it's been a while since my last update. I do check back once in a while, but just wasn't in the mood to do any write ups. Been busy submitting resumes, doing on&offline assessments, & attending interviews since I decided to get some experience in the global workplace. So far it's taken me to Goldman, UBS, P&G, & Citibank.

Wrote here ard 1 mth back abt Goldman's application, & since then I've been to the 1st interview. Learned so much abt the work inside within that interview alone, but I was really put off by the working hours: 7.30 am - 1.30 am in the 1st 2 years!~ Can't believe my ears when the manager said that, but I kept an open mind and waited for the 2nd interview call. It came after 4 weeks, & this time I told the manager I wasn't ready to commit to such long & arduous hours yet, but maybe in the future I'll be interested. He was really understanding & even gave me advice to get some experience in other banks first, keep his namecard & apply back to Goldman when I feel ready later on. So, there u go Jan, my 2nd love-hate relationship with Goldman again came to the same ending haha. I think the HR people will juz throw away my resume when I apply for it again next time!

Better result with Citibank though. I've gone past the 1st round interview this week, & will be going for the 2nd next week to meet the private banker I'll be assisting (if I'm hired). Everything abt the job seems ok, humanly work hours, opportunity to learn from the best in the biz, & chance to manage top wealthy clients (assets > US$10 millions!) , which would really help set me up for my long term goal. The only bad thing is that I won't be able to have any private clients for the 1st 2-3 years, & will probably be more like a secretary to a private banker (or if I'm in bad luck, TWO private bankers!). In short, learning will take place at my own initiative, & I'll have to pick it up at much higher pace. That's fine with me though, coz I don't plan to stay in the place for too long anw if they don't value my service, so a bit more learning in the 1st year will work out fine =)

ahhhh enough abt the work stuff for the moment. Received an early b'day msg in the arvo today (thx Gracey & Kel!), & that made my day, after getting exhausted from the P&G numerical assessment earlier. Hopefully this year will turn out well, & gets me a step closer to my goal, as well as achieving some lesser known objectives I've set myself earlier.

till later.. ~ Adios amigos ~ Ciaoz amico ~ sayonara, tomodachi ~ sampai ntar ~ =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home