Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Melb, my El Dorado

It wasn't the best flight exp I've had. Turbulence was coming every 10 mins, & each time it got worse & worse. I was starting to wonder how close I was to the feared 'D' word then, but God helped us thru', & we landed safely. As I made my way thru' immigrt, I noticed the posters with the words, 'Welcome to Australia'. It was then that I realised I was finally back home...

Stepping out of the airport, the fresh air/cold wind that greeted me was really refreshing compared to the stale, hot & humid atmosphere near the equator. Although it had me shivering thruout my journey back to Flinders mansion when I walked back from Spencer St (or the more politically correct Southern Cross station... blah blah blah..) coz I couldn't remember which way Flinders was =( It was gd to also hear all the guai lohs with their Oz accent, which I could still barely comprehend till now! After a brief rest, headed out to join my indo friends and showed them the beautiful melb, & u wouldn't believe how proud I was when they sung praises of the places we visited & the food we tried! Went to crown for cake (can't remember the place..) & then on to lygon st (coretto's) for my fav salmone tortellini & pizza, before heading on to brunetti's for the biscotti & pastries *yum*! Later on her cousins came by and we drove everywhere looking for the kraft biscuit with cheese dip. U wouldn't believe how many she bought... a crazy 2 dozens! Apparently her kids really love it & she makes use of it to bribe 'em haha.

Next few days was spent hanging out w/ the flare peeps, & the group has changed so much that I barely recognized 1/2 the peeps then! The oldies (sorry am, ness, kel, & jel, but it's true!) are still ard, but Flare is flooded with new members now! Well I guess time rolls on & doesnt wait for any1, so it's inevitable that this will come along =) Kudos to the committee for preserving & passing on the 'feel' and the flare values to the new members *clap clap*!

Spent some alone time on a few afternoons & walked everywhere. Yes I meant WALKED literally. Walked down from Uni after baddie sessions to Flinders thrice, & it took me more than a hr each time coz I made detours to Il dolce and other eateries along the way =) It's funny coz I wouldnt have done that in the past, but I actually found time to admire many things that I failed to notice before, & each time I'd discover something new too. Weather was fantastic everytime I did that, 'cept for some freak winds, & it really motivated me to take the extra mile by foot.

& then there was my surprise farewell too! It'd hav been perfect if Sher didnt mention it to the wrong person on thurs before, or that she didnt suddenly stop messaging me after asking me out for dinner on the same day! Anws, the surprise didnt actually lie in the 'surrpise' itself, but more of who eventually turned up. Thx so much to all the peeps who came (am, NESS, caleb, vinh, lee ean, sher, suz, gracey, ning, & of course my dearest jel). U guys juz made it harder for me to leave when I told myself that it was going to be a biz trip + packing my old stuff, & then back to the boring sg before the trip. Now I'm actually distracted from my work & target coz I think of melb & u guys all the time!! haha actually that'd be a gd thing, but not when I'm working!

When it finally came to the time when I had to leave, I couldn't sleep for the last 2 nights, for very different reasons which I shan't elaborate here. I did finally come to terms with it, bcoz I know there's work to do back home that I can't leave behind, as much as I wanted to stay behind. With a heavy heart, I finally finished packing up my stuff @ 4 am, & went to sleep with tears welling up in my eyes.

To my dearest friends:

Am, thx for making time to see me even tho u were in the middle of writing ur essay. Thx too for filling me in with the latest gossips ard flare *chuckle* & for accompanying me to the biggest eat-out I've done at melb this time! U're probably one of the only few peeps whom I can juz talk freely to, & we probably can spend the whole day gossiping if time allows for it haha. That really didnt sound so right did it =)-

Kel, one third (or one fourth, according to u =p) of the new gay^3. We havent really spent much time together on this trip coz u were busy with ur CA & bike ride preparation, but it was really great seeing u again in the b'day dinners & surprises. Nothing can compare to the time we spent during summer bro, & that will always remain in my memory. Dee was asking me when we'd all be together again, & that juz triggered flashes of the good times we had. Stay cool bro, & gd luck for the CA exam!

Joon, the other member of the gay^3 & my ex-housemate. Derr & I talked 'bout how life would have been if we have gotten to stay together @ flinders this year, but as fate dictated it wasn't meant to be. I really couldn't feel more indebted to some1 coz u've been super-duper cool abt the whole issue, when some other peeps would have juz gone bonkers abt it. Thx so much also for lettin' me stay with u on this trip, coz I'd hav been 'homeless' otherwise. It's been a wonderful trip this time bcoz of some special pplz, & u were definitely one of those.

Jel, my dearest jel. This trip would definitely have been really different w/o u, & thz so much for spending ur precious time with me. If there's a person that deserves my special mention from this trip, it'd be you. Really appreciate all the things u've done for me (organizing farewell dinner + compiling the msgs & pics) & driving me ard to wherever my cravings demanded (Juz be careful on the road dear, coz it's not the 1st time u missed the red light already =)!). I'll always remember the quiet, serene time we spent together too, when we juz sat and bask under the moonlight or watching the sunset. That was by far the best time I've had this time, & I was glad I spent it with u.

Thx so much too to the new flare friends I've met this time, & to those who sent me msgs (some1 also gave me a card!) b4 I left (u know who you're..), know that it was very much appreciated. Really hope to get to know u all better in the future, so drop me a mail whenever!

To my other close friends, thx so much for making time to see me amid ur busy schedule, & know that geographical distance is certainly not something that will keep our minds apart.

To my baddie frens, it was great to be back playing @ melb uni again, & hope u guys can keep on enjoying baddie & score more victories in competitions too!

Gosh, finally came to the end of this post. Just want to say in the end if there's supposedly a paradise on earth for everyone, my version of it would be melb..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home