Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

AOW (Another Ordinary Week)

Hmm.. Where should I begin?

I think I shall start with the news that I've FAILED my HI paper (again!) today, no thanks to my commitment (or lack thereof) to study at the last minute, LITERALLY! I had planned to study for the whole day on Sunday, but I ended up deliberating as usual and only started after dinner. Now, considering that I had 14 chapters & 6 mock papers to finish in less than 12 hrs, I decided to do only the latter, & I found out (yet again!) that it was definitely a little less than enough. Failed by 2 marks again this time, & still cursing my d*mned luck for changing the answers for 2 questions I had originally gotten (read: guessed) correctly! Arrrggghh!!!

I seriously think my boss's gonna shoot me tomorrow when I turn up to the office =(

I had to go for training for the whole of last week. Sure didn't think that there were so many crap we had to go through just to become a freakin' insurance agent! Oh yeah there's something I found pretty funny when I went to the office every morning. There were always buses with Great Eastern (a rival insurance company) ads passing through the Prudential HQ every morning! haha I wonder whether it's an attempt to get the potential/customers or the advisers to switch camps at the last minute. Who knows, it might even be a common industry practice in the insurance field here! Where better to recruit than in the barracks of your enemy right? =)

Now the training. 1st few days were really miserable because the trainer was really crappy and I always fell asleep after lunch. On the 2nd day, CEO came in & tried to 'sell' Prudential philosophies to us, but I guess he wasn't much of a motivator; I've definitely seen better ones. I wasn't really listening coz I'm just doing this job out of boredom anyway. He was saying that this training was to pick out those motivated ones from the bunch and kick out the rest, & I guess I fall in the latter category =) Still, I don't think he's gonna kick my butt anytime soon coz I've already got quite a few deals lined up. The challenge will be to come up with some more after that =)

I lost the match again when I partnered Siew on Sat, VS Singapore youth team players. I have to say I was really impressed with 2 of them, coz they were at least on the same level as Siew, or possibly even better. They had superb defense and also had many tricks up their sleeves. I guess it showed how good they were coz even Siew was tricked sometimes, let alone someone of my standard. It was a close match (19-21, old scoring system) & I think my mistakes at the net were the main reason for the loss. Somehow I just wasn't able to finish them off when I had the chances right in front of me, & playing at that level means you will be punished for every mistake committed.

Record stands at 2 wins - 2 losses now. Guess I still have a lot learn before I can play at their level.

& finally, my PR is out! I'm gonna collect the documents tomorrow & get started on the travel preparation I had been planning for some time! More updates on that when I get everything finalised! I'm getting excited already just thinking abt it! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home