Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's 4 a.m. & I still can't get to sleep. Initially it was because of my cousin's loud snoring, but he stopped a while after. Right now there's lots of stuffs on my mind, after I read Jel's post on the pre-production Flare party.

For those who haven't known yet, I've a really fickle mind. One moment I can appear to be very contented with what I have, but at the next I'd be wondering why do I have such a wretched life. I've been back home for half a year now, and during this time I've tried to work out a 'perpetuity' plan. So far I've been quite pleased with how it's going, even though there's practically zero lifestyle here, if I rank it on a scale of five. It's pretty hard to adjust to initially, coz melb would rank at least a 3.5 - 4, & such a drastic drop has definitely changed me as a person.

Over time though, I've started to fit into the society here. I've almost forgotten how it was back then in Melb, when there was gathering of friends, sounds of laughter from the silliest of jokes, large pizza/pasta deliveries from that yummy restaurant on Rathdowne st (shared with my ex-hommie), late night dai dees @ cindee's/board/card games @ Am's (Q:what does sperm look like?? A: Err.. snake?? )/ staying overnite & waking up @ 6 am @ kel's for beach outings & fishing trip @ mornington/ etc etc. So many events happened at Melb over the last 4 years, & I've almost cleanly forgotten them all... until I got reminded of it again whenever I read someone's else posts on the current events going on in Melb. I guess it's a mechanism that's automatically triggered to help peeps to adjust to their current lives & not living it with expectation from the past.

Only when there's comparison that I realise this is far from what I want. Even if I'm making truckloads of $$ in the future, I doubt I'll ever be as happy as I was back then in Melb, coz the euphoria only lasts so long and you won't even remember the time when you make your 1st hundred grand in the future. With friends, however, the memories live forever, & you will always look back at the fond past, with a smile.

Anws, GOOD LUCK ON THE PRODUCTION PEEPS! I KNOW U GUYS CAN DO IT!! Though I can't be there (coz I think the visa won't be approved on time =( , I'm sure all of u will do a fantastic job and make this year's production BIGGER THAN EVER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home