Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New life, new friends...

Was chatting to a good friend recently about relationship... He said that men have higher chances of success if we actually enjoy the process rather than setting a goal before going after a girl..

Interesting thought. For me, it's really odd to enjoy the process of anything because all I cared about in the past was just the end result. Maybe it's my upbringing, or maybe it's just in my genes, but whatever it is, I've never really enjoyed the process of getting somewhere or something. For example, I've never enjoyed a simple trip to the cinema by tram because all I thought about was the end product (the movie, duh..).

Different story with my previous dating experiences. It has always been I'm attracted to someone, and right after getting them, I almost immediately lost interests in them. Why is that so, you ask? Difficult question to answer. It's probably a combination of different factors, but I believe the decisive one is that I've not seen through their characters thoroughly beforehand and when the time comes for me to integrate them into my life, it puts me off completely. The truth is, I have always been 'misled' by the physical attributes all these time and has not cared much to understand these people more before asking them out. Now I'm not saying that all of them had bad characters, but they just have very different characteristics from those that I value. The next thing is, I'm not someone who can deceive myself forever and live with someone that I'm only attracted to physically. Therefore, the conclusion has always been the same for almost all of my past experiences: break up before it even really began...

Not the case with my current target. I'm spending much more time with her recently and I've seen a lot of things unravel within this period. It's true that I'm attracted to her physically, but what I value more about her is her almost flawless nature and her ability to unlock people's mind easily. In this short time,she has made me aware that there are still so much more outside what I have been concentrating on for the last 3 years. Through her, I can see my life in another new perspective which I haven't been able to do because of my clouded views....

I thank GOD for the time he has set for me to get to know her better and also for making a new group of friends that are ever so supportive.. Thank you for bringing them into my life and letting me connect with them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home