Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Sunday, December 04, 2005

New segment: Notable quotes

Prologue: We judge how good a comedian is by how good s/he tells the jokes, and a politician by how good s/he is at giving speeches (e.g. Bill Clinton and Adolf Hitler). There are also almost always sentences spoken by them that define their more famous days and likewise for TV shows, their more famous hours. In this new segment, I will include some of the more recent TV shows that I watch (& can be bothered to copy down some of the quotes I like..) and also major speeches from important people around the world. Will update it as I go (& hopefully I can get some input from the readers too! :)

Here goes:

Even in pain you can sleep, but if you inflict pain you can’t sleep…
‘Full Metal Alchemist ep 25’

She can’t fall for you if you’re not there to catch her
‘OC season 2 ep 5’

‘Sometimes it’s not about the message, it’s about the messenger’
OC season 2 ep 16 – Sandy

‘Sometimes I think you talk just to make some noise’
Ryan to Seth OC season 1

However, the second biggest nation in Oceania -- New Zealand -- is against the move, as Australia leaving would make a weak confederation even weaker. It is possible that the Kiwis will follow their Australian cousins. Head of New Zealand Soccer, Graham Seatter told the New Zealand Herald that, "There’s really only one nation at a higher level for us to aspire to beat. Take that nation away then all we are is a nation for the islands to aspire to beat. No disrespect, but I don’t want to be in a competition for tallest dwarf."
‘Kiwi soccer chief on soccer competition in Oceania region’

Funny quotes – new meaning to sentences

“I’m just going to powder my nose
'Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction’
New meaning given in the movie: Snorting drugs....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home