Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yes I'm still alive... barely....

Been having a lot of thoughts recently. Maybe it's due to the global slowdown which has affected my business quite a fair bit (Ok correction, this is definitely an understatement!), so I have very little to do until I meet my new supplier in early december.

With all the free time comes the extra thoughts, just like during uni days again. Obviously I haven't put it down here because they are mostly too personal stuff, and though I wouldn't mind sharing it, it would bore the hell out of anyone who still reads this blog or random blogsurfers who has found this through the labyrinth of the blog world.

One thing which I did consider is going back to the workforce. Ok misused term there: not actually going back, coz I've not held a job before, or at least one that pays good money. I'm pretty comfortable doing what I was doing if it can last, but as fate would have it, business downturn occurs in the most profitable period of my short history. Now that I'm left to fend for myself, it does feel a bit tricky as it's almost like navigating in uncharted territory.

Previously I've always had the support of my 2 largest customers who would take whatever stock I could source for them; Now with the credit crisis they're in trouble themselves because their own customers are unable to secure credit facilities from the banks, so their markets have pretty much come to a standstill. I still have lots of other smaller customers of course, but their demands come randomly, and in our business field that means we're unable to commit to large quantities with suppliers, hence jacking up prices.

Ok enough abt the biz problem. Haven't been in the mood to update because of the doom loom (hey I can still be lame so I guess I'm ok after all!), so I'll probably be more perky to blog if I get any good news in the coming days. Until then, so long my dear readers!

P.S. if you're checking this blog more than 3 times/week, you're probably as clueless as I'm abt the biz buzz (or the lack of it) right now, so gd luck to us both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home