Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Series review: Lost

Derrick lent to me the whole season of Lost which he borrowed from his friend when I complained to him how bored I was. At first I was sceptical on how good this show would be, mainly because I heard the plot was based on survivors of a plane crash trying to figure out how to get the hell out of an unknown island. I have the perception that it's gonna be like they're going to be running all over the places and trying to get help, which was pretty much what they did in the 1st episode. Getting more sceptical, but I was pushed on to watch another because of the ending of the 1st (1 surviving pilot getting eaten by some unknown creatures..). It may sound cheesy, but at least there's something to get excited about...

I have to say I'm glad that I continued with the 2nd episode, which started to explore more of the characters' backgrounds (there are 48 survivors, at least!). It's very interesting to see how the story unfolds, with all the main characters having very dubious backgrounds. I'm really impressed so far with the script writing (I'm up to the 3rd ep. when I'm writing this!) and also the acting of the main actress, Evangeline Lily, who plays Kate in the show. She's really hot (at least I think so..)and also does pretty well for her 1st speaking role, EVER!! + the fact that she is playing an interesting character, it's all adding up to be a excellent show! Some spoilers here: there are a lot of weird characters inside the show. A know-everything-Doc (he even knows something about electronic transmitting devices!), a pair of bro/cry-baby sis, & an odd Korean couple (the husband was telling the wife to button up to the collar when someone tried to speak to her, & they don't understand a word of English!). There's a conversation that I found very interesting:

A (a nerdy, huge American): So you're a mechanic? (or maybe some electronic expert, can't really remember)
B (Might be a muslim): Yeah. I repaired equipments in the Gulf War.
A: No way! My brother fought in the Gulf as well! So which division are you from? Army? Navy?
B: I was in the Republican Guard..
A: oh... (& it went quiet for both of 'em for a while...)

Highly recommended show! I have to thank Derrick for enticing me to watch it this time, even though his last recommendation (Spiderman) sucks. YES, you read it right, I think SpiderMan 1 absolutely sucked and was way overrated! Perhaps it has to do with Derrick raising the bar too high when he came back & told me it's a must-watch of the year, but even if he hasn't I'd still think it's not worth all the good reviews it had. More on that next time, & now back onto watching more of Lost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home