Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Monday, June 13, 2005

Profile: Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan was an ex US president back in the 80s (I think..). He was an actor before he became the president. Not too sure about his educational background, but I think it would have to be pretty fantastic to make it as the president (Although 1 of his quotes later may say something different about that..). I don't really know much about him, but it seems like he was always surrounded in controversies throughout his presidential career. Anyway, here are some of my favourite quotes:

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
Ronald Reagan

But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
Ronald Reagan

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it.
Ronald Reagan

How can a president not be an actor?
Ronald Reagan

I call upon the scientific community in our country, those who gave us nuclear weapons, to turn their great talents now to the cause of mankind and world peace: to give us the means of rendering these nuclear weapons impotent and obsolete.
Ronald Reagan

I couldn't help but say to Mr. Gorbachev just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from another planet. We'd find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together.
Ronald Reagan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home