Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Time, The Inanimate

Putting on a brave front, I strode forward,
Battered on the emotional battlefield,
& indelible scars 'bestowed' by the ruthless captors,
silent tears welled up within.

& time waits for no one,
while one is grieving & entering plea bargains with God,
deterioration persists in its relentless march,
trapping the fragile entity in a strong pincer grip.

Inevitably, choices have to be made,
to weep in despair, wallop in self-pity, and sink into the 'D' quicksand,
or to buckle up and get onto the highway to redemption,
& while most will take the path in-between,
I'm determined, more than ever, to prove to myself,
that I'm worthy of you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home