Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Saturday, June 25, 2005

New Segment: Leonhart's MiniInnovation

I usually have a lot of ideas that come into my mind as I observe things around me or when I'm just doing some daily routine stuff. Being a commerce student, I'd inevitably think of ways to commercialize those thoughts. Part of the commercialization process is to conduct a feasibility study on how the products would fare in the market and whether people DO really need them. It is often during this phase that a lot of my ideas are phased out since those products sometimes only apply to a small section of the population, which is definitely not enough to attract investors. Nevertheless, I thought it would be fun to see what people actually think of the ideas that I had in the past or those that would come out in the future!

Today I'll start with a new product that came to my mind this afternoon during my 20 mins walk to the Uni. for a swim...

1st item: Underwater Hair Gel

I don't know what it is for other people, but I find it really annoying having to re-gel my hair everytime I have appointment after a swim. It takes quite some time & also I don't feel comfortable with people staring at me when I'm gelling my hair. Obviously it would be good if I don't have to do that and can just walk off after the swim and look the same as before the swim. An underwater hair gel would do the trick as it is not washed off and it won't be necessary to re-apply it again.

Issues: but then there comes the problem: what do we do when we actually need to wash it off if water doesn't do the job? The solution I came up with was that the gel has to be engineered so that it can only be washed off with a combination of water and chemical X, which would come with the gel packaging. This seems to be a reasonable solution, until the fact that people do not actually like putting unknown chemicals on their heads struck me...

Possible idea buyers: Gatsby (the one I'm using now!), etc

Conclusion: This product would solve my problems for me, since I'm really into swimming a lot, but even that would not convince me to actually put chemicals on my head to wash off the hair gel. Therefore, I believe this again will be a flop in the market. Or is it? If people could come up with suggestions on how we can use the gel underwater but still does not present any hazards to the users when we need to wash it off, this could really work!!!

P.S. leave your ideas, suggestions & thoughts in the comments!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Clare said…

    HAHA...good thinking Fred! Well, you'll at least hae PJ as your customer!!

    Well, chemical X..isnt much to worry about, i mean there are "permanent" make up..like lipsticks and things, that comes with a 'remover' agent..and no one knows wats in it! but all the ladies still use it!!!

    just bomb the world wif some clever ads...and ppl will buy it!
    plus....to make money...whats the market you need?! just start small..and expand!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Lil Mis A said…

    lol! good idea. just inventing it know!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger leonhart said…

    In case you're back here patrick, you might want to read again why it's not a good idea to commercialize this product (Chem. X). Vasoline sure does the job but it'll have the same, or worse, problem when it comes to removin' it later... I had the mini version of that when I used my cousin's hair wax coz I ran out of my own gel... took 3 days & 9 hairwash to completely get it out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home