Inner Voice Of A Trapped sOuL

My 2c-worth of things happenin' ard the world and me...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Funny quote on cricket

Was watching SBS when I came back from work. They were showing a programme which showed verbal comments and call-ins to the SBS station regarding the quality of the things they show. The funniest part was when people start calling in complaining about the clash in timing of Tour De France and the Cricket (Ashes series... don't know what that mean, but apparently that was a big event..). Poor SBS, they got bombarded by fans from both sides and I don't think they've figured a way out to solve that problem.. 1 person suggested they do a split screen thing next time... I was particularly interested in 1 caller's response to the showing of the Ashes series during the Tour De France period (& he's definitely a TDF fan):

Caller to SBS (referring to cricket): I was watching your channel the other night and saw men wearing big white suits playing some stupid ball games. What is going wrong with you guys??

Interesting comment. That's exactly my idea of cricket actually. I don't know & don't understand what's actually the fun of watching cricket at all. Don't mean to offend anyone, but it's probably as interesting as lawn bowling or golf (Yes, I put them in the same category!) to me, if they can even be considered sports at all! (Probably insulted more people with this last sentence than the previous one :) ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home